Enzymatic extraction, lyophilized
- Lyophilized, highly purified Type I atelocollagen with superior functionality and physical and mechanical properties (such as tensile strength and elasticity)
- The proprietary enzyme-based extraction method used removes telopeptides at the non-helical N and C termini, resulting in a triple helix configuration that exhibits reduced immunogenicity.
- In vitro cell cultures
- Cell functional assays (invasion assay, proliferation assay etc)
- Soft 3D cell cultures (e.g. tumor assays)
Figure - Promed atelocollagen used as chemoattractant in cell invasion assay. Addition of atelocollagen to the substrate (A) promotes cell migration more efficiently than regular substrate (B) as quantified in graph C
1. LYNN, A. K., YANNAS, I. V. & BONFIELD, W. 2004. Antigenicity and immunogenicity of collagen. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research,71B,343-354.